2013 A5 Sportback Black Edition Revs Limiting 3000

ExtraTerrestrial

Reaction score
Audi Folk,

I have had my A5 sportback black edition since January 2016 and haven't an issue with it until now. Was driving down the motorway to work yesterday and felt a tiny twitch. Thought nothing of it until i tried to put my foot down and the revs were limiting at 3000rpm, even when my foot was to the floor.

There are no warning lights on, the car seems to run fine but the revs are limited. Anybody got idea's? Its booked in for a service soon but is the car still safe to drive? I travel 47 miles to work so can't really do without a car but don't want to drive something if its going to make the problem worse. Will have to borrow the Mr's A1 if its not safe.

Thanks in advance.

ET

I wouldn't chance it, obviously there is something wrong with the car, using it may/can only make it worse IMO.
Use the Mrs's A1 till fixed is my advice.

JG

Or scan it to see what the problem is. Garage may charge diagnostics fee (as someone who would never attempt to work on my car, I still have a VCDS cable). They may seem pricey, but has saved me endless hours/money having one (but then this is the 4th VAG car we've had).

Reactions: RS5 JON