1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Facelift

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by splatty, Aug 10, 2011.

1. splatty

splatty New Member

[Aug 10, 2011]
    Guys

Just joined after searching for info on the facelift and finding this site. Hello from a noob !!

What are your thoughts on the facelifted model ?

I have a Black Edition on order, arriving 01/09/11. Saw some info on the facelift. A bit peeved at first, but I like the "face" of the current A5. I have an A4 S-Line at the minute.

I have ordered:

A5 Coupe Black Edition 2.0T 180PS
    Ibis White
    Leather/Alcantara With White Stitching
    20" 7 Spoke Alloy Wheels
    Heated Seats
    Comfort Pack
    Interior Light Pack
    Engine/model deletion

This is my company car. I was getting fed up with diesel prices, and as I don't do much mileage, the A4 2.0tdi 143PS isn't returning great fuel figures. Tried both the 2.0T petrols and went with the lower power car as it was a fair bit cheaper on lease and allowed me a few extras, plus I didn't notce a massive difference between the 2, but that could be my driving. I only do around 6k a year and live 4 miles from work, so it's more about the looks rather than ultimate performance, plus I have a Honda Fireblade for my speed kicks !

Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. glosaudi

glosaudi New Member

[Oct 8, 2011]
    The new A5 face lift looks like all the other models now however with the option of having 5 seats this will kill the old model if you have the sportsback
    On your option of 20 inch wheels you are going to hate both the ride and the price of the tyres come replacement time
  4. mja4cab

mja4cab Member

[Oct 12, 2011]
    Hi, as a driver of a 2010 A5 cab,i prefer mine as to the facelift version.The new models front looks like an A4 and i prefer the more sportier aggressive look of mine. If audi are not to careful they will be going down the BMW route of spoiling the looks of cars in order to facelift,the new 5 series for example,looks horrible.
    But each to their own i suppose.
    Oh, i agree about the 20" wheels,when it comes to replacement tyre time....
  5. splatty

splatty New Member

[Oct 17, 2011]
    I find the car rides fine on the 20s, and as a Company car, I don't pay for the tyres either. :yes:
  6. mja4cab

mja4cab Member

[Oct 17, 2011]
    Sounds like your sorted then mate! Enjoy!
  7. Baffles

Baffles Member

[Oct 20, 2011]
    Like the look of the new DRL's - but was also very fond of the pre facelift ones. Slowly Audi are killing the square lights look in favour of the jagged, smaller versions.. Wonder how many people may go for the facelift coversion?