2012 A3

rOb_A

Reaction score
anyone got an idea when orders can be placed for the forthcoming new A3???

other than autoexpress, anyone found any more news for the new A3??

thanks

It will probably be released at the Geneva Motor Show (8-18 March 2012) but I understand it will one be available in 3-door format to start with. Audi are still taking orders for the current 8P A3 with delivery dates in February/March 2012. I know because I've just ordered a new Sportback.

It's being unveiled to Audi Uk big wigs this week in Germany. As Dave says it will probably be unveiled to the public in March with sales in the UK towards the end of 2012....

end of 2012 before we see one on the road in the uk? that's ages away!!!

It's being unveiled to Audi Uk big wigs this week in Germany. As Dave says it will probably be unveiled to the public in March with sales in the UK towards the end of 2012....

You sure mate, as I know there's a big thing in Germany for the Q3 atm as some of my dealers boys have gone there for it, not the new A3 though.

Newcastle Audi have told me that they expect 3 door to be announced early-ish 2012 and take orders then but Sportback not available until 2013 - I asked as my company car is due for renewal September 2012 - so they've said that to have a Sportback for September I'll have to order in April and it can only be a current shape...

You sure mate, as I know there's a big thing in Germany for the Q3 atm as some of my dealers boys have gone there for it, not the new A3 though.

That's what we were told. Only Brand Managers have gone though...

The new Q3 is a different animal although some of the electronics used may well find it's way onto the new A3. The main thing is that the Q3 is built at the SEAT factory in Spain where as the new A3 will be produced on the same production lines as the present A3 in Ingolstadt in Germany. Normally the Ingolstadt factory changes from production of one model to a new one in June/July so there may be a few new A3 available for the launch in March at the Geneva Show but mass production will probably not start until June 2012 with the Sportback following in 2013.