1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 A5 Sportback Judder on Idle

devan Jul 4, 2013

1. devan

devan Member

Hi,

I picked up my 2010 Sportback yesterday (2.0tdi 143hp multitronic), and when idling it whilst the engine is cold it seems to judder every 2 seconds, along with the rev needle dipping slightly as it judders.

The car has manufacturers warranty until next friday, so I rushed around on the phone today to get it into an Audi garage before it ran out of warranty. However when I drove it this evening the juddering seems to have settled down. It also stops juddering when the engine is warm.

Just wondering if this is a common problem and if its still worth taking it to Audi? Or if it just what to expect with a diesel.
    Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,
    Ash.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Get the audi warranty extension & complain about the issue now so its on record & get it taken in, once its booked on a card then it has to be resolved even if warranty is out afaik.

Also hate to say but multitronics don't rate well with my mastertech mate & others have said, so make sure you're covered warranty wise with audi as that's expensive if it goes wrong.

3. devan

devan Member

Ok cheers, I got a quote of £402 from Audi for a year with Named Parts covered, which includes the gearbox.

Warranty Direct quoted £441, but they said it also covered wear & tear on certain parts like belts which Audi don't, so just deciding between the two now.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yeah try claiming of warranty direct & see how you get on, wear & tear my arse.

I would go with audi tbh, but check every detail to make sure its covered before signing.