1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 - A5 2.0TDI 170bhp - tuning? Easiest / best way to achieve ++++bhp

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by nbray67, Mar 26, 2013.

1. nbray67

nbray67 Member

Hi.

As i'm new to Audi's, the A5 cab we are due to pick up doesn't have the pick up the Megane RS250 had, quite obviously I know.

What I'm after is some increase in BHP that it'll be noticeable thru the gears. Does anyone have a diesel tuning box fitted to their 2.0tdi 170bhp that can give it a thumbs up.
    I take it this engine is a common rail diesel???
    I'm very interested in the DTUK offer that is currently on here as they have the CRD-T unit at £359 all in, again, anyone had any experience with DTUK boxes or similar.
    Mapping is not an option as I want something that is reversible/untraceable.

All advice appreciated, cheers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
    Site Sponsor

Is your car manual or DSG? And have you seen the rolling road graphs from our own 2.0 170?

4. nbray67

nbray67 Member

Hi Andrew.
    I was actually part way thru an email to you today with various questions then opted to ask a few basic ones on here.
    It's a manual BTW.
    How do I find the RR results, had a quick look earlier but could only see a couple of Vauxhall ones.

5. ABYSS

Site Sponsor

In using my Iphone at present but im sure I posted the 2,0 TDI RR Graph in the DTUK sub forum :)

6. ABYSS

Site Sponsor

7. nbray67

nbray67 Member

Ahh, yeah, saw the Leon graph and thought that must be the same lump as the Audi.
    Is the CRD-T box adjustable or is it just plug n go to achieve 210bhp?
    How easy is it to fit to the A5 2.0tdi? I'm quite mechanically minded but until I lift the engine cover I wouldn't like to say how confident I'd be to fit it.
    Looks straight forward enough though.

8. TDI-Tuning

TDI-Tuning Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

#7 TDI-Tuning, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  9. ABYSS

Site Sponsor

The CRD-T is full adjustable, and connects to the common rail plus boost sensor allowing us to produce a really smooth curve, as the rolling road graph shows

[​IMG]
    Its not the cheapest kit on the market, but thats not what we're about and have worked alongside one of Germanys most respected tuners for nearly 8 years.

There's plenty of rubbish out there to choose from as youve probably seen on the web, like remaps there are good and bad boxes. My advice to customers is to always ask the the tuning box seller or remapper who and where their tuning boxes/remaps are being manufactured/written as there is a lot of tuning boxes coming in from Europe, being rebadged and when you look into things the same boxes can be purchased direct from the manufacturer for about £90.00..

Anyway regarding installation, ive uploaded the fitting instructions for the 2.0TDI inline configuration which are available to download from this link

VAG_2.0_TDI_INLINE.pdf

10. TDI-Tuning

TDI-Tuning Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

Yea I agree that you should always research the companies before hand as there is a few copies and less than reputable companies on the market.

#9 TDI-Tuning, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  11. nbray67

nbray67 Member

Cheers lads for the recommendations. I'm swayed towards the CRD-T kit as it factors in the boost sensor also. I've seen numerous kits at around the £69-£129 mark, I dismissed these straight away. Cheap they may be, but quality is what i'm after. I'd chance a cheap kit on an old 'smoker' but not on our current car. Thanks again lads.

12. TDI-Tuning

TDI-Tuning Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

No prob any questions feel free to contact us

13. ABYSS

Site Sponsor

You welcome,

if you dont catch me on the online chat, my out of hours mobile number is on site for any questions you may have, and more than anything..

Enjoy your new car :)