1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 A3 & RNS-E Coding

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by rdfcpete, Nov 18, 2012.

1. rdfcpete

rdfcpete Member

[Nov 18, 2012]
    Purchased a 2012 RNS-E LED for the A3. The car is an MY10 A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 170 3 door. It of course had Aux in from factory and also the standard factory fit Audi stereo for the Black Edition.

The bose, MFSW and all functions work a treat with it now I've fitted it - didn't even need to code anything in VCDS for that to work.

The only thing that doesn't work is the Aux-in lead or function. In my list of sources (through the RNS-E) I've got AMI as the only thing close.

Do I need to make any code changes and if so, what does the navigation coding value need to be now? I've changed the second last character to two different values (4 & 6) and nothing's a go-go, not working.

Do I need to follow the last part of Marc's guide from here - rnseauxin - Audi Retrofit
    Is this where I'm at?
    Little unsure on how that process goes in truth so any guidance for a DIY moron like me is welcome guys :icon_thumright:

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]