2009 A3 - Concert 3 head unit?

evapor8

Reaction score
Guys,

Can anyone confirm that the 2009 A3's, that haven't upgraded to either the RNS-E or the Symphony head unit, get the Concert 3 that looks like this:

kk-concert-3.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

It does actually depend on the model. The Standard and SE get the Chorus radio/single CD player with front speakers as standard. The Sport, S-Line, Black Edition and S3 get the Concert single front loading CD player with MP3 file compatibility with active front and rear speakers as standard.

The upgrade for the Standard and SE from Chorus to Concert is £215 and from the Chorus to the Symphony £475. To upgrade from the Concert to the Symphony on the models costs £260.

In both cases you can also specify an glovebox mounted iPod connection for £145.

Thanks guys.

My car's a Black Edition, so am expecting the new double-din Concert 3 (and as such, an easier upgrade to the RNS-E hopefully!)

Does the fact I have the Bose speakers and the glovebox ipod connection make a difference to the wiring loom I'll need?

Chris

None at all as you don't need an adapter. Both the RNSe and latest double DIN units all use the quadlock connector. You'll just need to move your BOSE wire and look at the antenna system if your reception is poor with the RNSe fitted.

None at all as you don't need an adapter. Both the RNSe and latest double DIN units all use the quadlock connector. You'll just need to move your BOSE wire and look at the antenna system if your reception is poor with the RNSe fitted.

That's a bit of a bonus! Thanks for that John.

Chris

Hey sorry to interupt but i have a problem which audi are quoting me £1000 to fix and i just paid them £2500 for a service plus £500 for more rubbish! anyway ill stop ranting but i have a possibly older concert system with the bose speakers ect, now my issue is that my amp has been leaked on by my rear wiper piping, can someone tell me where the amp actually is so i can pull it out and try fix? please!!!!

Your BOSE amp is behind the trim on the right hand rear wheel arch.

Welcome to AS, but you sure your sums are correct £3k for service & rubbish, what exactly did they do to the car for 3k, new engine by any chance, I mean WTF, lol

Well if its the amp then fix the wiper leak & replace it from ebay, there are always Bose amps on there for very small cost, make sure you buy the correct one though.

I still cant believe 3k for service etc, must ahve been serious things gone wrong.

If they told me 3k to service I would have said no ta, stuck it on ebay and bough another one! :sign_omg:

im sorry i shoulda been more clear, i had to have a new cam belt plus plates discs new key bla bla bla but still!!!

anyway so let me make sure i know this, i go into the boot and its on the right hand rear wheel arch?

why didnt i think of ebay!!! i used to live on the site!! ive found one that may work on the uk ebay, or there is a full system which currently has 26 bids moving it to over £100, would it be worth getting invovlved with that and bidding? or theres this one...

Audi Bose Amp,
removed from Audi A8 2005 and is in fully working order. This is 32 pin connector amp.
4E0 035 223A,
any questions, please ask. Please check if it compatible to your vehicle before biding as non refund will be given. Non UK biders please email me first to consider shiping price. Thanks for looking.
Happy biding!

will this work?

You have to pull the trim of as its held on by spring clips as not removeable sides like the old 8L was, interms of ebay, you need to swap like for like, get the part number of yours & find one the same or superseded version, it will be alot cheaper than audi for sure.

Damn for 3k I would have bought another car, lol

Awesome I've found it thanks, the long rectangle conector I've managed to disconect it easy but it's all rusted up.... I'm gona have to sit and wait till one come on eBay, and I spose I best pray that the lead coming from all the speakers isn't rusted and useless!!

How bad is the rust, cause I would attempt a clean up of the connectors & check amp for any internal damage then see if works ok

mmmmh its pretty bad, what can i do with regards to getting another cheaper non bose amp?