1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 A3 2.0 TDI DSG - Variable Service Interval Gone Crazy?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Datastorm, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Datastorm

Datastorm New Member

[Jul 22, 2012]
    Hi,

My A3 2.0 TDI DSG (2009) has started the countdown to it's next service. This is the 2nd A3 I've owned, so this is nothing new for me...... however, I only got the car serviced last summer, which doesn't seem that long ago.

Serviced 8th June 2011 @ 18642 miles. The invoice and paperwork quote a 20k mile service was carried out.

Fast forward to today and my car has completed 29433 miles, and is displaying 'Service in 7900miles/27 days).

This would approximate to my car needing a service after 14mths or 12k miles (approx). This doesn't seem right to me.

I drive her really gently most of the time, in fact still on the original back tyres so proof I don't give her a hard time.

Is the service computer correct? The 7900miles bit I would agree with, but the 27 days bit I don't. Is there a possibility this wasn't reset properly during my last service? Has anyone else ever had such an issue too?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Jul 22, 2012]
    I think it automatically thinks its every 12 months. Mine does but then mines not on a long life service plan?? Sure someone will know.
  4. Datastorm

Datastorm New Member

[Jul 23, 2012]
    Well my previous TDI170 didn't exhibit this behaviour, and the previous service on this car was at the 23mth mark..... so I don't think the theory stands.
  5. Datastorm

Datastorm New Member

[Aug 6, 2012]
    Just spoken to my local Audi dealer on this matter. They are saying the car could be signalling it needs a brake fluid change (and not a service). I didn't think the service reminder was this clever. Anyone think this is genuine, or is gibberish from them?

Cheers,

Jeff