1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 A3 2.0 petrol backbox to fit 2004 2.0tdi?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by gizm0, Aug 12, 2010.

1. gizm0

gizm0 Member

Hi guys, my girlfriend wants the chrome tips on her 04plate 2.0 tdi exhaust. Iv managed to get hold of a backbox off a 2009 2.0 PETROL backbox with the chrome tips on, will this fit? Does anyone know what the two pipe sizes are so I can het it adapted? Also is it ok using a backbox off a petrol car on a diesel car?

Cheers

Dan :)
  2. gizm0

gizm0 Member

anyone?
  3. philipjmarshall

philipjmarshall Member

dan
    the chrome ends should be removable as a sleeve, and swop from one to another( if thay aren't rusted on) .
    the outside diameter on the tdi exhaust is 55.5 mm on the joint of mibble and back
    but i dont have size details of the petrol exhaust.

philip
  4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

The bore diameter might be different

In my TDI I think it was 2" and when fitting my Milltek it was a 2.5" so it require a reducer.

Get the outerdiameter checked and compare it to the TDI - if it is the same, it should fit with a reducer as long as the mounting points are the same.
  5. gizm0

gizm0 Member

yeah the tdi tailpipes are bent downwards though thats the downside, yeah ill have a look later properly and see if i can emasure the sizes, if they are different does anyone know where i could get a reducer from?