2008 Audi A3 - ICE advice

Sberenson

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum. I've spent hours trawling through Google with not much luck so I've turned to here!

I have a December 2008 Audi A3 AP. I currently have the Symphony 6 CD changer head unit (which I suspect wasn't the original head unit in the car). I have the Bose system.

I fancy a change as the AUX nor the iPod connection in the glove box work although they're wired correctly, and there's now an issue ejecting CDs

Can anyone recommend any double din after market or OEM head units? I did install an eBay special a friend had, but quickly removed it as the sound quality was terrible.

I've also considered changing for a Concert head unit. The 6CD changer doesn't bother me, and I've been told the AUX should work with a Concert head unit as that's what the car had originally...?

Cheers!

I currently have an RNS-E and have been looking to update to a newer 2-DIN sat-nav / touch screen unit.

had my eye on a Zenec ZE-NC3131D - which is only for the A3, designed to look "OEM". went to have a look at one at caraudiocentre in leic but they didn't have any in. however, the 2 guys there were both adamant they were crap units.

I just can't seem to find a branded (alpine/pioneer/etc) one that I like the look of - they all seem to look blatantly aftermarket, if that makes sense.

be interested to see what unit you go for