1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 RS4 Winter Tires?

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by usstrejo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. usstrejo

usstrejo New Member

[Jun 15, 2010]
    Hello,

I just moved to Halifax, Canada from Los Angeles, California. I have a 2007 RS4 and want to be ready for the winter. Can I just buy some winter tires and mount them to my stock rims or do I have to buy another set of rims? Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 29, 2014]

3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

[Jun 21, 2010]
    Yes mate you can, although remember winter tyres are only really effective up to 7 degrees.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  4. xs2man

xs2man Member

[Jun 21, 2010]
    You would be best having a set of winter wheels with tyres on them, so its less hassle as the winter tyres will be all but useless in the summer. On the plus side, it should be below 7 degrees for a good 6 months of the year minimum where you are now, so there wont be any on/off/on/off like you may experience here.
  5. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 13, 2010]
    i had some Nokian GRW2 put on my rims beginning of last winter (scotland) ended up leaving them on till last month!
    work fine in wet condition (lots of siping in the tread) spare wheels would be nice but for the cost of getting them swapped you could do that 10 times over and still have change compared to buying a new set of wheels