1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 A3 2.0 TDi DSG not shifting gears properly

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by leecool, Jul 17, 2012.

1. leecool

leecool Member

[Jul 17, 2012]
    :sos:Hi guys, wonder if any of you can help me with my problem, I've got the 2007 2.0 TDi 140 BKD engine A3.
    Yesterday I was driving along & stopped at a junction, I heard a beep & my ABS & ESP light iluminated on my dash with a message saying fault, see car manual.
    Then I parked up & went into my doctors. Got back in the car & the lights had gone out! Started off fine, but then my car wouldn't shift past 3rd gear unless I redlined it:wtf:I thought! Today I got in the car lights came back on dash, yet gears were smooth again. This is intermittent, when the ABS & ESP lights are on, gears shift fine, when the lights go out again my car drives as if it's in sport, I'm having to rag it to get it to auto change. Paddles work fine tho, as does the shifter in m mode:wtf: My car is confused! :blownose:

Any Ideas guys?? Pleeeease!
    cheers in advance!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

[Jul 17, 2012]
    I wouldn't be an expert but it could be the mechatronics unit which is known to give problems.

When it's warmed up does jerk when taking off in first gear or reversing?

Also does it shift down to early to second gear when slowing down?
  4. leecool

leecool Member

[Jul 17, 2012]
    Hi, I'm not having jerking probs, just that my car thinks its in sport when in D & It revs its t**s off before changing up. I Can change up & down smoothly with stick & paddles, just not in D auto.
  5. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jul 17, 2012]
    you need to scan for fault codes
  6. andri86

andri86 New Member

[May 4, 2014]
    Hi did you find out what the issue was?

I'm experiencing the exact same behavior with my car a 2006 A3 2.0 TDI BKD with dsg.
  7. DriverN00B

DriverN00B Member

[May 4, 2014]
    Have you scanned it for faults? OP hasn't been active for a while..
  8. leecool

leecool Member

[May 5, 2014]
    Hi there, for me is was a rear speed sensor, it can also be the wheel bearing causing the sensor to react & give false readings. My gears were erratic as hell, as soon as I had the speed sensor done it was sweet.
    The sensors are cheap, but the labour the stealers will charge will take it up over £200.00+. If you know a mechanic who can do it on the cheap, avoid huge un-necessary labour charges.
    Hope you sort it.:blackrs4: