1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Sline Steering wheel

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RobB, Aug 16, 2005.

1. RobB

RobB Member

[Aug 16, 2005]
    Hi all

Just about to collect my new 2006 3.2 Sportback sline (manual).

I opted for the multifunction wheel, and assumed, given all the pictures I have seen, it would be fully perforated with the Sline badge at the bottom.

I have seen my car and it has only a part perforated wheel with audio/ phone controls and red/silver stitching around the inside instead of the normal black. It does have the Sline badge too. There are others at the dealer with the same, but also some of the other type.

This style is new to me and I have never seen this mentioned in any brochure or website, but have seen this type of stitching mentioned as part of the Audi Exclusive range of options (which I have not opted for). Not sure if it is part of the 2006 model update?

Has anyone got a 2006 model yet and if so, what's the wheel like (normal or multifunction too) as I just want to be sure I have the right one!

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Aug 17, 2005]
    I think this is the latest update for the S-line Rob, seen a new sportback at my dealers as you descibed.
  4. Fuzzman

Fuzzman Member

[Aug 17, 2005]
    Went to my local dealer and there was a new 3 door S-line it had the same steering wheel with the red/silver stitching around the inside instead of the normal black.

I am going back this weekend to give my insurance details to them so I can pick my car up on the 1st Sept.

When I go there I will try and get a photo.
  5. RobB

RobB Member

[Aug 17, 2005]
    Thanks guys - seems like I have the right one then.
  6. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Aug 17, 2005]
    Rob b, bet you can't wait.....I'm counting the days until October 26th when I get my 3.2 DSG S Line!!!!!
  7. RobB

RobB Member

[Aug 17, 2005]
    It'll be my second 3.2 but I'm like a child waiting for Christmas! First one was a 3 door, now Sportback. It's been at dealers for a week or so, but decided to wait the 3 weeks until 1st September to collect. It's going to be a long 3 weeks......

Although I am getting a manual version (as was old one), I have a 3.2 DSG loaner at the moment which, despite my liking for changing gear manually, I have really got to like over the last month or so. Always looking for excuses to go out in it still!

Cheers
  8. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Aug 17, 2005]
    Trying to tease me.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif