2006-2008 s6

Stuno1

Reaction score
After looking for a long time at porsche cayennes I am now looking at s6's!

They tick all the boxes and look stealthy which is great. Unfortunately it means the research has to start all over again!

Just wondered if there are any known issues and what owners experiences are. I am reading mixed reviews at the moment so remain undecided.

To be sure, does the s6 come with memory function in the driver seat?

stu

Last edited:
Should a 3.0t be considered as well?

Been doing lots of research and only issues seem to be some people feel suspension is too firm and it is jerky at low speeds around town. Tyres and repairs are expensive. That's all I can find so far.

Most of the S6s I've seen are very well spec'd with memory seats, keyless, roof, TV, DAB etc

The FSI carbon build will come up so factor in a clean at some point in its life

Tyres / brakes reasonable, not a bank breaker, and nothing much goes wrong with them tbh.

Had mine 20 months and other than regular servicing, tyres and brakes it runs like a dream

Get a milltek and you'll never look back ;)

Ta fella. Did you get resonated miltek? How much for carbon clean? There is a place in Essex called AMD who look good.

Also do gearbox map to stop auto shifts and get rid of limited torque in manual mode. Is this worth doing?

stu

Non res Milly mate, res was too "quiet".

I'd go to MRC for the carbon and other bits but it's not local for everyone. AMD also good.

i haven't looked into mapping the box tbh but worth looking into.