2005 or 2006 S-Line?

one_team

Reaction score
Hi!

Apologies for what might seem an obvious question, but I've not asked my Audi dealer this:

If I've just ordered (this week) my new Sportback S-Line, can I assume this will be the 2006 model year spec and not the 2005 model year spec?

I know from Audi's announcement in late November 2005 that the 2006 model year had quite a few changes (most notably the 18" 5 arms as standard and the new spoiler bits!).

Its ordered as a 'S-Line' and not as an optional extra.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks,

One Team

Hi again, it will be a MY2006. MY2007 comes out mid summer I so yours is well into MY2006.

Thanks Dandle!

Really appreciate your replies.

Does that mean Audi are changing the Sportback next year?

(or does MY2007 just mean subtle changes?)

Thanks again,

One Team

As for the spoiler bits did you consider the S-Line special edition which comes as standard with the exterior styling kit and full leather on top of the s-line basic package. Not sure if its available in the TDI though.

Yes, I did consider that - looks amazing!

Its only available as the FSI though, not the TDI, else I may have pushed the boat out even more!

(and I was only going to get the Sport!!!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

One Team

[ QUOTE ]
or does MY2007 just mean subtle changes?

[/ QUOTE ]

MY just means model year. Changes can happen at any time thought the designs life not when model years change. MY is just used to tell the age really nothing more(I dont think).

Audi model years run from September to August. Any major changes that require alterations to the production line are carried out during August when the factory closes for the summer holidays.

Any car built after 1st September this year will be a 2007 model year specification.

For the last two years, the first model year updates have come out in May. For example, my first 3.2 was ordered at the end of March 2004, but by the time it was in the production line it was produced as a 2005MY, meaning that I got the revised spec - standard rear spoiler for the SLine (since deleted again) and the brushed aluminium trim. Took delivery of it in early July 2004.

My latest one was ordered at the start of May 2005 and I gained the benefit of the 2006MY changes which took affect that month (revised ESP, new Sline steering wheel with coloured stitching and a few other bits).

Changes are made at other times of the year though, for example the incorporation of the exterior styling kit for the Sline models as standard rather than a £950 option in the last few months (base prices increased though!).

The only thing you can be sure of is that just after you have taken delivery of your new car, an announcement will be made about some revisions etc that you wish you had! But that's car buying for you.

I would expect 2007MY updates to be announced mid May this year, but an order after the end of March will probably get these updates due to lead times. One to confirm with the dealer when ordering.

Thanks once again for all the superb information, lads - its much appreciated!

From the sound of it, as I ordered mind on Tuesday this week, I'll definately get the MY2006 spec, but also with the additions Audi announced last year.

I'm just looking forward to seeing it sat squat on those 18" 5 arm wheels!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

One Team