2005 A6 C6 sticky console switches

Wetsump

Reaction score
I've just purchased a 2005 A6 and it is suffering 'sticky switches' in the centre console that houses the handbrake and gear shift. I have a suspicion that someone in the past has placed a drink in the cup-holder just behind the console and that this has spilled over the '<', 'Return' and '>' switches, with the result that they all stick a little, and the '<' particularly badly.

Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed, since I suspect a replacement console will be expensive. And I can't see how to remove the swiches for cleaning, so guess this is probably not an option.

I can fix this for you, but you need to come to Aylesbury. Yes it sounds like someone has spilt some drink, but your very lucky its not damaged your MMI panel. Ive replaced countless units due to failure. It only takes about 30-40 minutes to do, and once we have the unit out we can strip it down and clean it. But i warn you dont panic when your centre console has been completely removed as its the only way.

PM me if your interested.

P.S Beer tokens are required

how's about putting a new torque converter in mine for beer tokens......:thumbsup: only joking!