1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 A6 Aircon problems

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Chunkymonkey64, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Chunkymonkey64

Chunkymonkey64 New Member

[Nov 29, 2011]
    Quick query in case anyone can shed any light on this.

Bought an A6 3.0tdi today, and seller had explained a problem with the aircon, which I'm okay with, but wondered if anyone had come across something similar before the dealer charges me an arm and a leg just to trace the fault!

Irrespective of where the temperature is set at on the control box all the vents, bar the middle two, which I've set for cooler air, pump out very hot air. If you turn the temp up to Hi then turn it back down again it works for a while then just builds back up again.

Sounds to me like a valve or a sensor has failed and just letting the car keep pumping hot air in, but thought I'd check before spending a fortune getting to the bottom of it.

Thanks for any advice.

Don
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Mike B

Mike B Member

[Nov 30, 2011]
    Is this with the aircon on or off?If its on can you check that the pipes from the compressor are cold?If OK then I guess the control flaps in the dash board have a fault.Is the grill over the sensor in the control unit clear?
  4. crispin

crispin Member

[Nov 30, 2011]
    I have had my car a year, same model and it has done this twice, the air is mega hot!!, If I mess with the temp, up and down, on and off it sorts itself out. I would play around with it 1st as a dealer will just change a part for the sake of it.
  5. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Dec 1, 2011]
    id say check the cabin temp sensor wherever thats located first.
    then is their a sensor in the heater airflow ducts too.
    pollen filter too perhaps??
  6. singhl

singhl Member