1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 a4 2.0 tdi limp mode

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by ifsot, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ifsot

ifsot New Member

[Aug 4, 2013]
    i have a a4 2.0 tdi blb engine with car going into limp mode well was going down motorway and it went into limp mode 4 or 5 times always seems to be in 6th gear at low revs when im climbing a hill anyway had a look today with my brothers d900 code reader po299 turbo underboost
    last freeze frame

calc load...........................89.01%
    coolant temp......................82.0 c
    m.a.p................................146kpa
    eng speed..........................2190.05rpm
    veh speed..........................109km/h
    i.a.t...................................31.0c
    m.a.f..................................55.95g/s
    tps....................................94.90%

so from that can anyone see a problem before i take it to a cliff and roll it over
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 4, 2013]
  4. ifsot

ifsot New Member

[Aug 4, 2013]
    just bought car 3 weeks ago dont know if its got the oil pump thats a problem but its done 174,000 miles so guess by now it would of gone bang
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 4, 2013]
    I wouldn't use that mindset fella, I would check all previous work for this specific action, if its not been done & your engine code is relevant, of which I think it is, then decide if its worth the risk to leave as is or get it done as some people have been left with huge bills to rectify or scrapped the car.
  6. ifsot

ifsot New Member

[Aug 17, 2013]
    hi everybody well had enough of car so i took it to a garage to get it looked at , left it with them expecting a big bill got a call saying actuator above the turbo had been changed before i got car for a new one and who ever had done it had put the boost pipe on wrong way round , the garage could of charged me lots to sort it out he charged me £20 car works great now turbo at full power and no limp mode im happy as larry who ever he is lol the garage if anyone wants to use him is in doncaster deutsche mark google them great place guy really knew his stuff and does not over charge eutsche Mark