1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 5dr A3 2.0TDI 12v Socket and rear manual blinds

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by COLDSTEEL, Jul 17, 2011.

1. COLDSTEEL

COLDSTEEL Member

[Jul 17, 2011]
    I'm looking to add a second 12v socket but I would like to place it where the ashtray is at the back of the center console so that my kids in the rear seat can plug their DVD player in. This would be located where, if I had them, the controls for rear heated seats would be located. I am a numpty solder but can do it, but have not idea what parts to order.

Also, I have rear manual blinds for the passengers. The hooks which the blinds attach to (That keep them up) have snapped. Would anyone know where I can get these from?

Any help with either problems would be great.

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. AR-rkon

AR-rkon BZZZZ.... caffeine fueled electrical engineer Regional Rep

[Jul 17, 2011]
    Hooks: Try TPS or else its a dealer part I would think.

As for the 12V, you only really need a Cig socket (from most car parts suppliers), a small holesaw (approx 22mm dia) and some suitably rated wire. then just take a feed from the factory fit socket at the front of the dash.

Hope this helps
    :thumbsup:
  4. COLDSTEEL

COLDSTEEL Member

[Jul 22, 2011]
    Thanks Rconn. The running a spur from the fuse box is beyond me. I thought it may have been possible to solder to the existing socket. With regards to the blinds. There are two plastic hooks that hold the blinds up. These aren't available seperately and so the entire assembly is required which is about £50.
  5. AR-rkon

AR-rkon BZZZZ.... caffeine fueled electrical engineer Regional Rep

[Jul 22, 2011]
    Yep, can do that. So long as your not going to run a 500w inverter from it... :thumbsup: