2004 Audi A6 2.7t Quattro s-line

Lindsayhagen85

Reaction score
hi I have a 2004 A6 and recently I have experienced a big leak in my car. It pours out. It is my coolant that is pouring out and I have no clue what is wrong with it. I have had a personal mechanic look at my car and he can not see where the leak is coming from. Once he puts coolant in it leaks out just as fast. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could possibly be?

Hi There. If the leak is a big one as you say, it should be fairly easy to trace - at least the general vicinity. Exactly how big are we talking? Like a tap? If it's a big leak you are looking at either a burst hose or cracked housing somewhere being most likely. Find another mechanic to take a look, preferably someone with VW/Audi experience. One way or another you are going to need the car in the air with all the underside engine covers off etc. If you can do that and post videos, someone may be able to help further..

If it's that big you'll hear the splash as it comes out. Mine was water pump.

Well it is like turning the focet on and it running out.
Hi There. If the leak is a big one as you say, it should be fairly easy to trace - at least the general vicinity. Exactly how big are we talking? Like a tap? If it's a big leak you are looking at either a burst hose or cracked housing somewhere being most likely. Find another mechanic to take a look, preferably someone with VW/Audi experience. One way or another you are going to need the car in the air with all the underside engine covers off etc. If you can do that and post videos, someone may be able to help further..
It's like turning on the Faucet and it running on low. But I know it leaks out just as fast as I put it in and it smokes if it runs to long.