2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport non start advice needed

marty.h

Reaction score
Hi i have an Audi A3 2004 2.0 TDi sport 89000 FSH

The car was driving along and ignition lights came on and stopped and would not restart i have checked whats below so far.

The electronic stabilization light shows up when trying to start engine the engine turns over fine and does not even try to fire or cough

Vagcom scan showed
17055/P0671/001649 - Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit (Q10): Electrical Fault
17057/P0673/001651 - Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit (Q12): Electrical Fault

I myself cant see the above causing it not to start but would affect cold start

Checked fuel feed to pump when ignition turned on fuel going to filter fine

Checked fuel coming out of filter all fine

Checked fuel returning to filter all fine

Tried spare key

Removed diesel filter and checked for particles none present diesel clean

Checked all fuses under bonnet and in car

Battery fully charged

Checked cambelt

Im now thinking possibly high pressure pump

any advice welcome

Thanks in advance
Marty

I thought the injector issues where on 170bhp cars, yours being a 2004 I would say is the 140 BKD engine.

It either has to be injectors or pump I'm thinking as anything electrical I would of thought should show on vagcom. But I would of thought if pump had gone there would be some debris somewhere. So not sure what way to turn and don't really want to have to put in dealers if I can help it.

Apologies I thought this was a PD170, either way those codes tend to relate to the injectors or loom, not the glow plugs as it says on the scan. Check that the multi plug connection on the side of the head is fully secured & not corroded, if all appears ok it may be worth removing the cam cover & checking the wiring is ok in there.

I had the multi plug of cleaned and checked.

I have also taken the rocker cover of all wires intact. Next I will do a continuity test on all the wires to make sure they are complete.

Forgot to mention that in my first post.

If that shows nothing will have to be main stealer :(