2004 A4 2.5 Tdi 180 Quattro Brake upgrade advice

a6allroader

Reaction score
Hi all

The front discs are shot on my car and now im replacing discs/pads, i was thinking a good time to upgrade them if possible. Basically, can anyone advise on what brakes i can use under the standard 17" wheel?

Im referring to other VAG brake setup maybe and if so, what parts will i need for the actual upgrade? Disc size, caliper carriers etc? Ideal thing would be if someone had them up for sale too i guess.

I would like to go as big as possible that i could source off another VAG which has bigger/better front braking and yet fit under the standard 17" rims

Many thanks :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but i really have no idea, i just know they are standard, so whatever comes on the 2.5 tdi 180 Quattros? I know that doesn't help much :(

Allot of 2.5tdi's come with 312mm front in which case you can go 320mm (from a 2.0T, 3.0TDI, etc) but I doubt you'd see much benefit.

If not it might be worth swapping to them or a full S4 setup or something, if your going much bigger front it's best to do all four corners.

320mm front, 288mm rear with drilled and groved discs on mine. More than enough for the weight of the car.

Thank you that's great advice. I think i will just surf the WWW to see what i can find even if its the fronts for now as theyre ready to go!!

Right...i have managed to get some front calipers and carriers off a 2003 S4. I have 2 questions if anyone can help:

1 - Do i need to replace the hubs from that donar car or will mine be fine?

2 - Will my current 17" Audi sport 5 spoke alloys be fine over these brakes? I have the standard 17" wheels that come on the A4 B6 tdi sport

Cheers :)

Reactions: QuattroCalum