1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 2lt TDi.... 12v socket blown, what fuse is it?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RikWolves, May 27, 2010.

1. RikWolves

RikWolves New Member

Hi all,

Having a bit of a nightmare finding which fuse controls the 12v socket/cigarette lighter?

I have a 2004 2.0 TDi with the fuse box under the bonnet, in the manual the cigarette lighter is clearly marked in the diagram of the fuse box in the side of the dash, but not for the one under the bonnett?? :huh:

Someone suggested F24 which according to my manual is Control unit for CAN data transfer. I tried swapping this with another fuse and the socket still didnt work,

Maybe I need to replace the sockets, and friend of mine dropped a metal object into it in a fluke accident, there was a small spark and it hasnt worked since. I presumed the fuse had blown but the inside does look a little damaged so maybe it needs changing?

any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :yes:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. V16

V16 Member

i forget exactly where the fuse is but it's definitely located on side of the dash/drivers side. i just took it to a corner motorshop. had it changed for a £1

4. RikWolves

RikWolves New Member

sorry my fuse box is def under the bonnet, any idea's anyone?

5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

its not all under the bonnet, as above open the doors and pull the side panels

6. Jay.Ing

Jay.Ing Active Member

There are 2 fuse boxes! One under the bonnet and one on the side of the dash drivers side, So your both right!!! ;)

7. V16

V16 Member

:slap: