1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 a4 1.9 tdi key coding

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by glenandem, Sep 25, 2012.

1. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Sep 25, 2012]
    hi guys,im looking to get maybe vagcom vcds etc to code in new keys and do fault reading etc.
    could anyone advise what i need,i believe i need the pin code to code the new key in and you cant get this using vag com but vag dash? is this correct?
    im looking for the cheapest kit to code the keys
    any advice would be greatfully recieved,cheers glen
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 21, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 26, 2012]
    Welcome to the forum Glen.

Discussions of clone, illegal, counterfeit cables are not permitted on this forum, please refrain from such in future, your post has been edited.

If you need to programme keys then you'd be best going to a dealer for 2 reasons, 1st security of keys & 2nd the cost of the genuine equipment to do keys for immo is thousands & if you ever intended to use on other peoples cars, you may come unstuck when it goes tits up as such, so be careful with this as the conequences could be rather bad if its your own or someone else's car.
  4. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Sep 27, 2012]
    hi cheers for replying back,i didnt realise clone stuff wasnt allowed on here, can you tell me where i could get a legit vcds kit from as i'd rather do things like code keys myself and its not just that i'd like to do,i want to reset my service warning on the dash thats bugging me and i would be interested in checking out some of the other features!
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 27, 2012]