1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 2.5tdi v6 180bhp fuel pump remap

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by donaldson13, Dec 14, 2013.

1. donaldson13

donaldson13 New Member

Thinkin about getting a remap and was wondering if there is anyway of upgrading the the fuel pump as to cope or if it already will cope. I have heard they are the thing that usually gives up?
  2. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

IIRC, the pump will handle 210bhp(ish) max.

Adamss24 is the man to speak to regarding tuning the V6 lump as he has a very nicely tuned v6. Yes I am jealous but life goes on. lol
    I'm sure he will post in here when he sees this thread.

Dan
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. donaldson13

donaldson13 New Member

Ye I have seen some ov Adamss24's posts and he seems to no wat he is doing. was interested in a hybrid vp44 pump that he mentions. and thanks for advice I want 2 do a bit off tuning but £1k bill if the pump packs in is not what i want.
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

Large nozzles and a hybrid turbo is what you need for up to 250 Bhp, any more and you're looking at spending a few quid to get it where you want...
    donaldson13 likes this.
  5. neilA4

neilA4 Member

would you need a remap with just larger nozzles and hybrid? or would it just run like a pig without? cheers
  6. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

It will smoke if you don't remap it, the ECU won't know the turbo can flow more air and will limit the fuel in case of overboost putting the car in limp mode...The nozzles will flow a lot more than the ecu thinks and it will have a bad idle + EGT will be sky high. Extra soot and high EGT will clog the VNT mechanism on the turbo and can potentially damage the turbine tips and VNT ring/vanes. You can get really large nozzles +130% larger than stock and hybrid gtb2566vk for +400Bhp and 800-900Nm of torque.That's serious power by anyone standards ! Just as a side note, my allroad with a gt2060 hybrid turbo, 3 plunger pump and race 683 nozzles is faster than a similar age allroad 2.7 TT, that's with a ill adjusted VNT actuator and map that still needs fine tuning. Oh, and the clutch is slipping too... My other a6 can give my other b6 s4 saloon (mapped to 380Bhp) a very good run for the money whilst still returning 30Mpg average ! The s4 struggles to return 9-10 Mpg driven flat out...guess what i drive for a daily ? The a6 is still looking rather stock, apart from rs6 Recaro seats and 20" wheels it looks rather standard as well.
    donaldson13 likes this.
  7. neilA4

neilA4 Member

cheers. I'd be happy with 250-300bhp would be more than enough and wouldn't want to stress any of the standard quattro drivetrain too much. what nozzles/turbo would you suggest? how much would a custom map be? Thanks
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  8. donaldson13

donaldson13 New Member

So i shouldn't be looking for a 3 plunger pump just get some bigger nozzles, who does bigger nozzles for them? and thanks a lot for the help. really appreciate it
  9. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

Fratelli Bosio power plus 683 for up to 250Bhp or race 683 if you want 300 Bhp. I will be upgrading my existing hardware on my allroad, i have race 683 nozzles and a hybrid 2260 turbo all plug and play to your car... With these bits and a custom tune(which i can provide) i guarantee you the car will feel wicked ! Doing a 2005 a4 quattro in a few weeks, large nozzles, big turbo, tune, 4 Bar map sensor, sachs race clutch and flywheel and a few more bits and bobs, i will let you know how it goes !
    BlackQuat and donaldson13 like this.
  10. donaldson13

donaldson13 New Member

What like is the reliability off doing the nozzles turbo and remap? how much do you charge for remap and is there any places in uk or would second hand once be ok or do you ever have once for sale?
    Thanks thats exactly the sort of power i'd love what would the ball park torque be just out off interest
  11. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

600-700Nm of torque is what i would estimate ! I need to take my car to a 4 wheel drive dyno but the only one i know is AMD in Thurock, unfortunately is a bit too far and i have little time ! Need to iron a few bugs in mine, the map is still a little too smoky and the software is limiting my diagnostic, basically the boost maxes out on 2.6 bar on diagnostic and i cannot see past that...
  12. donaldson13

donaldson13 New Member

That sounds like a good figure will be alot of fun, i hope you get your diagnostics sorted and tested on the dyno. If you do tell how you get on.
  13. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

It is already loads of fun, to the point that the chassis cannot handle the power anymore so i need to upgrade the front brakes and springs...
  14. donaldson13

donaldson13 New Member

Is it a quattro? ye have found my brakes could do with upgrading a bit even though my car is standard with the big weight doesn't take much hard driving to cook them I having a been look around to find out if a porsche kit would fit and also some anti-roll bars as all the roads i drive daily are b roads