1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2002 Skoda Octavia VRS

paul thornton May 21, 2017

1. paul thornton

paul thornton New Member

So, I'm advertising the car that I swore I'd never sell....

I originally purchased this car back in 2004 from Horners Skoda in Manchester.

Our first son had just been born and I wanted a sensible ish family car.

This ticked all the boxes as was a 5 door with a massive boot and of course a 1.8t under the bonnet.

The car had been bought new by an elderly gentleman who traded it back in after 2 years because he fancied a yellow one!

I bought it and the next day had the windows tinted by autoglass. They remove the glass to install the film and 13 years later its still flawless (cost a fortune though)

I lowered it on gmax springs (all that was available at the time) and fitted some rs6 reps with 225 tyres.

All was going well for around 18 months until I found out the car of my dreams was about to be put up for sale (sierra sapphire cosworth 4x4 in moondust silver). I sold the Mrs car and gave her this to drive around in and I had the cossie.

Eventually the costs of running 2 performance cars got too much (we were both in our 20's at the time) so I briefly advertised the Octavia for sale and bought the Mrs the 4x4 she wanted.

The Octavia was bought by a friends sister and her then boyfriend. They spent an absolute fortune on it running back and forth to Jabbasport for upgrades. I used to see it quite often as they lived local and it was always kept mint. I really regretted selling it at the time.

My friends sister and boyfriend eventually parted ways and the car was transferred to her. She soon decided to trade the car in at a dealer for a Merc so guess who went and bought it back?!

That was 5 years ago. Me and my wife haven't really needed separate cars as we work different shift times so have always just used my company car leaving the octavia as a spare / weekend car covering very few miles.

Since I bought it back I've fitted the TT V6 wheels which are bang on offset wise, pro sport coilovers, a few other minor mods and basically just kept it serviced, clean and tidy.

This is without a doubt the most reliable car I've ever owned. It carried me and my family on a round trip from Manchester to Paris, to cannes to Monaco and back again around 3 years ago and never missed a beat.

Even after all these years it still surprises me how quick it is and handles like its on rails!

why's it for sale then again??

Well basically my wife has started a new job and she requires a car for work. I wasn't keen on the Octavia being used every day and my wife was struggling to be honest as its low and we are surrounded by pot holes and speed bumps.

There was no way I was going to raise it so we compromised and bought a range rover!

This has since sat at the side of the house. I had great intentions of lowering it a bit more and doing a few other bits and bobs then just using it for summer VAG shows. As with life I've got 2 kids, house, mortgage and have started a new business etc so its never going to happen, especially as I've just ordered a new Golf for a company car. Thats me sorted for the VAG shows anyway.

I really don't want to sell but I'm struggling to justify, (even to myself) leaving it sat doing nothing so I've come to the conclusion that if it sells, all good, if it doesn't I'll gladly keep it.

Enough waffle, here's a bit about the car.....

2002 (52) Skoda Octavia vrs

110,000 (ish) miles

Black magic

Private plate not included

4 previous owners ( 1 being me, 2 being the couple I sold it to) so just 3 different owners in total.

Non sunroof model with all black trims etc

MOT 19/9/17 (done around 1400 miles since its last)

Recent single mass flywheel and clutch conversion

Breather hoses all renewed with silicone upgrades

Thermostat and water splitter replaced

New battery in 2015

Cam belt changed on 12/7/13 @94,430 miles

18 inch Audi TT V6 alloy wheels with Falken fk452 tyres

Jetex SS exhaust and Cat

Jabbasport induction kit

Engine (call / pm for details)

Audi TT strut brace

Pro sport coilovers (1yr old)

Double din bluetooth / ipod head unit

Upgraded speakers all round

Amp and hidden sub

Tinted rear glass

Cat 2-1 alarm

2 keys

No rust anywhere

Lots of paperwork for servicing and MOT's including the original bill from 2004 when I first bought it

Original hand book and sales brochure

There's probably loads more I've forgotten

Bad bits. Every car has them....

Wheels were powdercoated around 3 years ago. There are some slight curb marks / chips etc but still look very good

Tyres are well within legal limits but are starting to crack a bit in between the treads due to age

Interior light doesn't always come on when you open the drivers door. The micro switch is sticking but I'll try and get this fixed before sale

Its due a service. Was last done around 4000 miles ago. I'll get this done before sale, just didn't see the point of it sitting around with fresh oil in.

The bonnet was dented a few years back. It was going to take ages to get it booked into the body shop so as a temp. measure I had the dent filled and put the vinyl stripes on. It looked that good at the time that I cancelled the body shop appointment but unfortunately the filler sank a bit over time and if you look carefully you can see the outline if the dent. Never bothered me though.

Front bumper is scuffed a bit at the bottom from running low (just being picky)

Many years ago the bonnet and front bumper were painted to get rid of stone chips. They lacquered down the front wings to blend it in. Its a very good job but there's a tiny bit of lacquer peel around the mud flap on the nearside wing and a small run at the bottom. (all barely noticeable to be honest)

Its a 15 year old car so tiny marks here and there.

Price - £1800

Car is located just outside of manchester

Please no time wasters

Thanks for looking,

zero 7 five 4 four 3 nine four 5 eight zero

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. paul thornton

paul thornton New Member

Provisionally sold. Deposit taken.
  3. paul thornton

paul thornton New Member