1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 S3 swirl removal - Product advice

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Danman1, May 14, 2012.

1. Danman1

Danman1 Thorough noob

[May 14, 2012]
    I have an '02 S3, light silver and wanted to help remove some of the swirls. They are only really seen in direct sunlight so assume they are not that bad. I know the best way would be to use a machine but I think I'd do more harm than good.

So my question is what off the shelf products are best to use? Megs swirl X? Poorboys SSR?

Dan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Fraggles

Fraggles Member

[May 14, 2012]
    I've used the megs swirl X both with a polisher and by hand and it's very good stuff. Use a damp microfibre or lint free cloth and with a bit of time + elbow grease you should see those swirls gone mate.
  4. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

[May 15, 2012]
    If your working by hand then you will be lookng to fill and mask the swirls rather than remove as its far to difficult on the hard Audi paint.

My recommendation would be Chemical Guys Glossworkz Glaze and then topped with a sealant or wax or alternatively chemical Guys All In One polish which polishes, shines and seals
  5. Danman1

Danman1 Thorough noob

[May 15, 2012]
    cheers ill give it a go.

Thats what I have read also, my only option is to mask them rather than correct them.

cheers for the advice.
  6. Rom

Rom Member

[May 15, 2012]
    As Jen said, Audi paint is ridiculous! Ive had a bit of a mare, and ive wetsanded and used a rotary!