1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Navigation plus - never on right road

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by Rolling Thunder, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder New Member

[Oct 23, 2011]
    Hi Guys...

I am playing with my new car a 2002 Audi A4 fitted with Navigation Plus and I have a problem..

The map is displaying the car moving but its not even close to the road I am actually on... its the right general area of the map but without it being on the right road - its unusable.

Is there a way to reset the satellite lock or something? My Tom Tom works fine but I would like to use the system in the car?

Suggestions please? I have the manual but cant see anything that might help
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 23, 2011]
    The gps antenna will be faulty, as the navigation picks up the speed of the car via the can-bus system. Get a replacement from eBay, can be fitted just behind the glove box and they cost around £10-£20.
  4. Rolling Thunder

[Oct 29, 2011]
    Thanks.

Does anyone know where the original aerial is so that I take a look at the connections etc first?
  5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 29, 2011]
    If it's factory fit then then the GPS is part of the aerial on the roof. That is the common part that fails, you could spend a few days ripping the car apart and check all the connections (there are a couple as it's part of the cars wiring harness) or you just replace the antenna. You could also replace the aerial/GPS with a new Audi part but they are around £100+
  6. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 29, 2011]
    As Chris has a cabriolet then it is in the boot lid, not the roof and chances are it's a broken cable as it's a common fault on the cabbys that the cables fail over time with the boot opening and closing.
  7. Rolling Thunder

[Oct 30, 2011]
    Thanks Craig - is there a fix or is it better to install a standalone aerial inside the dash. Perhaps you wouldnt mind recommending any aerials as I see you are in this kind of industry :thumbsup:. I would be happy with a PM if adverstising is frowned upon in this forum
  8. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 30, 2011]
    I would go as suggested with a £20 puck behind the dash cluster or under the dash above the glovebox. Seems the simplest solution.