1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Audi A3 Which Head Unit?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by lsp80, Sep 8, 2010.

1. lsp80

lsp80 New Member

Hi all,

Ive recently purchased a 52 plate Audi A3 which has no Head Unit fitted. Ive spoken to Audi and they said it was originally fitted with a Chorus Radio/Cassette. However they refused to give me the part number!

Does anyone know what the correct part number is and if a Chorus/ConcertII unit from an A4 wll fit?

Thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd try another dealer, they should definately give you the info, but obviously don't source it from them as they are about £450!
    A4 version has a different fascia. It needs to be from an A3 of a similar age, and ensure it is 2001 on otherwise it could be pre-CANBUS and that will give you problems. Any ConcertII from an 8L will be your best bet as they are all CANBUS.

4. lsp80

lsp80 New Member

I've tried 2 dealers now and neither would tell me the correct part number!!

To make things worse I can't seem to find one that definitely came out of an A3 anywhere.

I've been told that the chorus radio/cassette player is the same in the Audi TT. Anyone know if this is true?

5. Kave

Kave Member

Dude I got a concert cd unit from 2002 a3 if you want, as new. £40 delivered.