2001 Xenon Headlight help

bench33

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a driver's side xenon headlamp unit ? I've run out of ideas and am starting to think that £300 from Audi is the only way forward !

Thanks

its not for a cab is it? I've got a pair if so.

S4 Xenons are darker inside I think, I'd need someone to confirm that though.

You'll probably pick up a pair easier than a single though.

No it's for a saloon, thanks anyway.

S4 xenons are definitely darker inside than normal ones.

I can't even find a pair ! The only one I was able to find was for a LHD car, anyone know if these can be adjusted for a RHD car ?

thanks

I think xenon lights can be swapped from right to left hand drive, but halogens can't. Please check that before taking the plunge and don't take my word for it!

bench - whats actually up with the original that your replacing it?

According to audi the mechanism inside the unit has seized. This means the lights won't self level and the lamp keeps blowing bulbs.
Unfortunately it's mot time now so I'm getting desperate !

German & Swedish do them I believe.
On my Halogen enclosures there is a lever alongside the projector to switch them LHD or RHD...
Headlight-Lever.jpg

If you need spare Valeo Ballasts then >>here<< looks pretty good for price - cheaper than Audi.
Can only be the Ballast or replace the D1S bulb which has the igniter attached OEM factory fit Xenons.

Last edited:
S4 ones sound like a great option: aftermarket ones might not integrate with the auto-levelling properly.

If the s4 ones are from a 2004 car will I be able to fit them to a 2001? I thought they changed them late 2002/ 2003 ?

I'll post up part No's when I dig them out of the garage.

OK thanks for that. I'm happy with S4 lights, just need to be sure they will fit onto my 2001 saloon. Does anyone know if this is possible.

Kite, do you have the ballasts for the lights ?

I'll see whats on the lights when I sort them out....

Light are out of the garage
They are Valeo, brand new in the boxes part no's are....88534 and 88535.
Valeo make the lights for Audi, you can check the part no's with their on-line parts catalog.
I try to post some pix..

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a driver's side xenon headlamp unit ? I've run out of ideas and am starting to think that £300 from Audi is the only way forward !

Thanks

PM me if you have no luck with the others offered and I'll see what I can save for you.

sorry, no ballasts, just the headlight housings.

Just an update.
I have sent photos to Carl who tells me the lights are normal xenon housings NOT S4 sorry for the duff gen.

Unless they're from a 2001/2 car, my ballasts might not fit. Will check part numbers and get back to you later

kite. don't think the lights are a goer. I would have to buy two new ballasts to make them fit, which is going to be too much.
Thanks anyway

kite. don't think the lights are a goer. I would have to buy two new ballasts to make them fit, which is going to be too much.
Thanks anyway

Thanks anyway

No problem, I'll put them on the Bay....