1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Instrument Cluster with Symphony DIS Issue

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sideways steve, Feb 28, 2012.

1. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Feb 28, 2012]
    Hey people,

I have reverted back from RNS-D to Symphony but am in the process of trying to get my DIS display to work with the radio again. As this part was done by the previous owner I have been looking over the diagrams etc to figure out what he altered.

I know which wires need checking now however I know that you also must change the adaptation of the cluster with VCDS by going into module 17, then 10(adaptation) then channel 62.

The question is what value should I see in this field for the standard symphony setup ? Could someone who has a VCDS cable and software please check this value for me on their own car ?

I have scoured ELSAwin but have not been able to find adaptation details, only soft coding data.

Thanks in advance !
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. kite

kite Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 28, 2012]
    You could check coding on rosstech wiki
  4. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Feb 28, 2012]
    its not the coding mate its adaptation and the wiki doesn't have much info for the 8L so its otherwise useless on this occasion :(
  5. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

[Feb 28, 2012]
    You could try one of the spare clusters I have LOL
  6. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

[Feb 28, 2012]
    In adaptation of than number what you got now take away -16 and should be ok.