1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Instrument Cluster with Symphony DIS Issue

sideways steve Feb 28, 2012

1. sideways steve

sideways steve Member VCDS Map User

Hey people,

I have reverted back from RNS-D to Symphony but am in the process of trying to get my DIS display to work with the radio again. As this part was done by the previous owner I have been looking over the diagrams etc to figure out what he altered.

I know which wires need checking now however I know that you also must change the adaptation of the cluster with VCDS by going into module 17, then 10(adaptation) then channel 62.

The question is what value should I see in this field for the standard symphony setup ? Could someone who has a VCDS cable and software please check this value for me on their own car ?

I have scoured ELSAwin but have not been able to find adaptation details, only soft coding data.

Thanks in advance !

2. kite

kite Member VCDS Map User

You could check coding on rosstech wiki

3. sideways steve

sideways steve Member VCDS Map User

its not the coding mate its adaptation and the wiki doesn't have much info for the 8L so its otherwise useless on this occasion :(

4. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

You could try one of the spare clusters I have LOL

5. Danio

Danio AUDI-MANIACS.COM

In adaptation of than number what you got now take away -16 and should be ok.