1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Allroad A6 TDI 2.5 180 Engine Check Light

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Rossy, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Rossy

Rossy Member

[Jun 17, 2011]
    Can this be "turned off" perminantly as mine does not come on at all?
    Yet doing a Dash test it lights up?
    Whats going on?
    Thanks
    Rossy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Rossy

Rossy Member

[Jun 18, 2011]
    No one?
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Jun 19, 2011]
    If it doesnt come on it means the car's engine is in good working order. The emission light on the c5 audi a6/allroad doubles as the coil light on the dash. When the engine has a problem the glow plug light is flashing...
  5. Rossy

Rossy Member

[Jun 19, 2011]
    So audi's are differant to other cars? Usualy the engine check light come on before you start the car then goes off. Mine does not come on at all ever!! (unless you do an instruments test then it lights up with the rest of the lights)
  6. adamss24

[Jun 19, 2011]
    A6/allroad is quite a old platform and it does not have all the emission restrictions like the new cars have wich will trigger limp mode everytime the breeze is blowing from north ! You should worry less and enjoy the car more. The car will let you know when she's not right !
  7. Rossy

Rossy Member

[Jun 19, 2011]
    Yeh next one is sorting the suspension out after it all being renew'd. Its and inch hight front and rear passanger side than it is drivers side..
  8. adamss24

[Jun 19, 2011]
    I would check/replace the level sensors on that side, they can cause the height difference. It could also be down to the valve body, they known to seize in some cases...
  9. Rossy

Rossy Member

[Jun 19, 2011]
    I think its because the garage didn't put it in Jack mode...it raises and lowers equaly all round but inch higher on passanger side.
    Is there a way to con it back to norm? i.e. put in jack mode then jack the drivers side, then take out of jack mode or similar?
    Going to mates tomorrow to try the 402 MOD via vag com...lets hope its summat simple like it just need a reset!

Once this is done, just two weeping injectors and thats it I hope for now......