1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 A6 2.7T -- Needs suspension updrades

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by xziler8, Apr 19, 2004.

1. xziler8

xziler8 New Member

Recently bought this car and am disappointed with the body roll and fore/aft softness. Are there any warranty-safe mods that will remedy this?

Also what ECU upgrades are available for this model after my warranty runs dry?

Alan

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. If you haven't upgraded yet. I have the same vehicle and upgraded the ECU with a Giac (After much research best T& HP curve runs GREAT!) H&R coil overs(a litte choppy) and larger front and rear bars (amust)

4. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

££££££ or rahter $$$$$$$$$$$$$ How much this cost!

N r the coilovers adjustable height.

5. Giac chip around $800 installed and dyno'd in N. Virgina. I had to replace my worn out stock shocks anyway at 60000 miles so the H&R around $1300-1500 (US) was more than a stock replacement however, if I had to do it again I would go with 2Bennett H&R and their shock setup ($1400 US and they give good support and "know" A6 suspension). H-Sport sway bars $300 (install yourself). Web sites and good descriptions are found using Yahoo or equiv search engines. For ~$2500 a more balanced platform...next inter-cooler upgrade ($1000), A8 drilled rear brakes, etc. Guess we could go on forever