1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 A4 - Rear indicator intermittent failure

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by imported_b4rkie, Jan 27, 2005.

1. imported_b4rkie

imported_b4rkie Guest

[Jan 27, 2005]
    Hi All,

2001 A4 B6 Tdi 130.

Every so often I get a "rear right indicator" failure on the DIS when starting the car. If I then try and use the indicator it flicks fast for a while then kicks in and works.

Also, on a journey home the other night the whole dashboard went black for a split second then the "rear right indicator" failure was logged again by the DIS.

This seems like a bad earth or a dodgy connector somewhere. Ive had he rear right light cluster out and all seems ok though.

Any other tips on where I can look or what I can do? It is booked into the garage next week but at 80 quid an hour I wouldnt mind finding it myself!!!

Also, anyone got a wiring diagram for this car?

Thanks,

Tony.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 27, 2005]
    I had this on my b5 a few days ago- swapped bulbs with the one on other side one and it started doing it on other side so the bulb was changed and is now fine.

maybe worth a try on yours too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. imported_b4rkie

imported_b4rkie Guest

[Jan 27, 2005]
    I never thought to do that!!!

Thanks, man. Ill try that.

In your opinion, if its not the bulb, could it be a wiring problem near the convenience ECU? This is the only thing that has changed recently, and since then the problems have occurred.

Cheers.

T.
  5. imported_b4rkie

imported_b4rkie Guest

[Jan 28, 2005]
    I changed the bulbs over late last night and, surprise surprise, I now have the problem on the
    Left!!!!!!

Il grab a new bulb today.

Thanks.