2001 A4 B6 Saloon 1.9 TDI 130 FWD

Legacy87

Reaction score
Hi All,
Loving the site so far, I've been all over looking for a suitable "Owners Club" for my Internetting needs and i think this one suits the kind of community i think i could easily be a part of, Having never strayed away from MG-Rover's before i have taken the leap and bought myself a B6 TDI.

Always loved the look of the TDI but was always worried i wouldnt be able to maintain it, as my experience laid 99% on MG/Rover cars.

Anyway, i took the plunge, Swapped a gorgeous little 40K Miles MG TF for my A4.

Pics when i got it:
Photo01-03-2013160815_zps1b330a7d.jpg

Photo05-03-2013105636_zps935a9b9b.jpg

It's fitted with Replica 18" Alloys (Badly Painted), Rear Spoiler and a slab of filler in the front passenger wing, small dent in the bootlid and Quattro badges (Although its only FWD).

It was bouncy as hell, Brakes were metal on metal. so i made some emergency purchases:

Photo06-03-2013123221_zps909d09af.jpg

2 New rear Shocks, New N/S Handbreak Cable and new Disks & Pads all the way around.

Just been and picked up a new Air Filter & Oil Filter and some 5/30 Oil to give it abit of a service next week, But need to source the oil level sensor first, as this appears to have gone faulty and is throwing error messages up on the dash.

Also ordered a MPPS Kit, As i plan on trying out one of the BlackSmoke 168BHP Generic Maps.
New Window Mechanism for the drivers door and some new Aero wiper blades.

I've got a few niggles to get sorted still. The gearbox is crunchy into 1st & Reverse, I've been told this is a common issue caused by cold weather and replacing the gear oil is a good place to start. Anybody know what oil i should be filling it with, how much i need? and if its not too much to ask, Where to Drain & Refill from?

Got the Window mech fitted today, very fiddly job, i went for new wires kit instead of the complete runner and just fitted everything myself.

I also mapped it to 162BHP using the MPPS and BlackSmoke remap files, This was painless and took 5 mins to complete, and its transformed the car now.

Well another day on and still loving the new found power :D

BUT...
Just been offered a 2.5 TDI at a steal of a price so will be passing this one onto my dad who will probably continue on the path of rectifying all of its many bodges.

Stand by for a 2.5 Progress thread, already in talks with BlackSmoke for my remap file :D