2001 A3 Electric Window stuck but moves slightly? Help please?

buel

Reaction score
Hi there,
My girlfriend has a 2001 A3 (as do I) and her driver side electric window is stuck in the 'up' position. However, it does move slightly down and then back up again (Im talking 10mm or so). I have tried manually pushing it down at the same time as pressing the electric button to move it down but it wont budge.
Please can I have any tips/advice on what to do next?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the regulator is stuck or the cable is caught perhaps?

To find out you'll either have to remove your door card and door skin to have a good look, or book in to any VAG garage, they've probably seen thousands of window issues now.

Thank you, is it difficult to remove the door card?

Thanks for that. I have a friend who is a half-decent mechanic, please can I ask will it be obvious that this clip is faulty?

View attachment 19775

Hi, my friend and I followed the instructions up to 'uncovering two main screws that hold the card on. Then it just lifts up and off.'. We could not find the two main screws, I have shown a picture of what we saw. Please can someone explain where they are?

View attachment 19775

Hi, my friend and I followed the instructions up to 'uncovering two main screws that hold the card on. Then it just lifts up and off.'. We could not find the two main screws, I have shown a picture of what we saw. Please can someone explain where they are?

It's the part underneath the door handle, there's a single screw holding the inner part on, then the plastic (on the inside of the handle, not the shiny part, just pulls out revealing the two screws.

There's also a screw at the top of the door card at either end of the window on the sides that are easily visible without removing anything.