1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 A3 Audio setup (non bose)?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by 9099, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 9099

9099 TDi? Liberties!

I am having some issues deciding which setup to move on to.

I currently have non-bose. But fettled a little, got rid of the puny sub (if you can call it that) in the rear passenger side corner and replaced it with a professional grade home audio sub extracted from some high end speakers I had knoking about. I also separated the rear speakers and attached them directly to my HU (JVC KD-AVX44).

Now this poses a dilemma for me... I have my heart set on changing the current sub to 2x JBL 10".
    Do I get 2 monoblock amps and wire the JBLs individually OR do I get a 2 channel amp and wire them both to it?
    The JBLs are 125watts RMS each.

Thanks for reading.

#1 9099, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't do either. Buy one decent sub and drive it from one amp. Are you sure they are only 125wrms each? The JL Audio 6.5" sub is more than that. A good 10" unit will be at least 300wrms. A decent single 10" unit in the right enclosure is more than enough in an A3.

4. 9099

9099 TDi? Liberties!

Yes, I am sure Andy, they are some clearance subs Rated 500w peak... 125 RMS.

I put the two Acoustic solution subs on the back shelf in the end and disconnected the **** that hides under the rear cards... lol

I don't know whether i will bother with a sub and amp... It sounds the Bizness now lol. If there is enough interest I may post pictures. ;)

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Using the standard amp? You are joking....