1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 A3 Audio setup (non bose)?

9099 Feb 22, 2010

1. 9099

9099 TDi? Liberties!

I am having some issues deciding which setup to move on to.

I currently have non-bose. But fettled a little, got rid of the puny sub (if you can call it that) in the rear passenger side corner and replaced it with a professional grade home audio sub extracted from some high end speakers I had knoking about. I also separated the rear speakers and attached them directly to my HU (JVC KD-AVX44).

Now this poses a dilemma for me... I have my heart set on changing the current sub to 2x JBL 10".
    Do I get 2 monoblock amps and wire the JBLs individually OR do I get a 2 channel amp and wire them both to it?
    The JBLs are 125watts RMS each.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't do either. Buy one decent sub and drive it from one amp. Are you sure they are only 125wrms each? The JL Audio 6.5" sub is more than that. A good 10" unit will be at least 300wrms. A decent single 10" unit in the right enclosure is more than enough in an A3.

3. 9099

9099 TDi? Liberties!

Yes, I am sure Andy, they are some clearance subs Rated 500w peak... 125 RMS.

I put the two Acoustic solution subs on the back shelf in the end and disconnected the **** that hides under the rear cards... lol

I don't know whether i will bother with a sub and amp... It sounds the Bizness now lol. If there is enough interest I may post pictures. ;)

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Using the standard amp? You are joking....