2001 A3 5 door

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Hi,

Has anyone fitted new speakers to the front of their 2001 onwards A3? I followed some of the guides but cannot find the screws to take the door apart??? Another user had a look as he sold me the components, but he said it was different to his.

Am I being dim. (Dont answer!) Had a look at the other threads, but my door appears to be different. The door has the light underneath and it looks like I might be able to pop the grille off with a cabinet scraper (Thin metal thingy), but dont want to break anything.

Any help would be appreciated as my front speakers are crap!!!

Rob

Rob, DO NOT try to get the speaker grill off, you'll only break it (Don't ask how I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) In order to get to the door speakers (Front AND Back) you need to pull the door card off. I've only done it once, and can't quite remember where the second screw is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know the first screw is at the front corner of the window. There's a black plastic cap there that lifts straight up, and it reveals the screw, the onther one.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I forget. But once you find it, you'll need to carefully pull up on the cars to pop it off the door, then there's a butt-load of stuff to unplug from the back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Best bet would be to search around here, I remember someone doing a write up on it that I used before.

Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif