1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 A3 5 door

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by W8 Performance, Jan 4, 2005.

1. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Hi,

I have got some component speakers to go into my front doors but cannot figure out how to take the door apart as in other threads.

I cannot find the screws at either end of the door. I am sure there are none. Had someone have a look at it for me and the door is different to his and he could not find the screws either. Any suggestions?

It has the light under the door when you open it and the car is the facelift model if this makes any difference. I can put a picture on if that helps?

It does look like you can pop the grille off for the woofer by putting a thin metal blade in and unclipping it. Although I have not got the guts to go for it. I am quite happy to just do the woofers and leave the tweeters if it is a major chore.

Please help as I have a lovely set of rear speakers on a custom shelf and a sub, but up front I am left with popping paper cones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

Rob
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. monty77

monty77 Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    rob.a3.quattro.sport said:
    Cheers mate,

Will look again. I must be being blind, but I was sure that there was not a screw facing the door pillar.

I will check again at the weekend when it is light.

Do you get any rattles after taking it off and putting it back on?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

It's def there, unless the S3/A3 door cards are different and I can't imagine why they would be. You'll need a short handled screwdriver to undo it due to lack of space.

No rattles from my doors and they've been apart 2-3 times already.

Tip: Choose where you mount the crossover box carefully BEFORE you try putting the door back together - there's only really a couple of places you can mount them - door is full of boring stuff like side impact protection bars that really get in the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adam
  4. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Thanks for you help. Will let you know how I get on.

Rob