1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 8L S3 Revo gone into Valet Mode ?

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by Blunteh, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Blunteh

Blunteh Member

[Jun 20, 2007]
    Hi, I had my S3 mapped a while ago with a Revo map. It's been a bit intermittant with power and eventually had it's MAF replaced which seemed to sort it out, but it still felt a bit down on power. Occasionally I'd get a spike of power out of nowhere which would confuse me...

So not feeling like it was 100% right I took it to a rolling road which measured it at 229BHP and they said it was running lean.

So I drove home and the car felt odd..... no power, no boost. I booked it back into the revo dealer and they've spent a day stripping it down to find a fault. Eventually they've found the Revo has gone into Valet Mode.

Has anyone heard of this ? Could it have been overboosting on the RR and it triggered it to go into this mode ?

Should I get the Revo map removed and try something else ? (I'm planning on seeing how it goes and if it's not perfect asking for my money back)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Jun 20, 2007]
    Valet mode?

a revo dealer said it had gone into valet mode?

didn't they offer any way of actually fixing it?
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 20, 2007]
    ask them if they mind you going into psycho mode if normal mode is not resumed on your S3
  5. Blunteh

Blunteh Member

[Jun 20, 2007]
    They didn't leave it like that. :)

They've reset the map and it's fine, they said somehow all the settings had gone haywire, it was just very very wrong. Now it feels better than ever... odd.