1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 A6 2.7T exhaust

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by phantomA6, Apr 28, 2004.

1. phantomA6

phantomA6 New Member

Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and thought i would make my first post. i have had my A62.7T for about 5 months now and love it. Looking to some mods including a new exhaust system. Curious if anybody knew of any good exhaust systems that will perform well yet make a good sound (dont want to sound like a honda drving down the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif). Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

PS. Will have pics of my car very soon.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. phantomA6

phantomA6 New Member

bump...

4. Jims5543

Jims5543 New Member

Here is one site that sells upgrades for the A-6.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/a6.htm

I have considered chipping mine and doing the exhaust. I would not worry about it sounding like a Honda. Your turbos will muffle the tone. My turbo RX-7 with a full 3" exhaust is so much quieter than a non-turbo RX-7 with an open exhaust. Its sound is deeper and throatier (SP?) due to the turbo.

The one thing I discovered fron researching mods is that the stock turbos do not hold up for too long. Hidden bonus? The upgraded turbos make the car even more interesting.

Good luck!!

5. hawkeracer

hawkeracer New Member

Could I ask you for some information on Turbo upgrades?

I have two new Air research T04 turbos (along with five others of various sizes in various condition) and I know that inducer and exducer housings (if that's the correct name) are replacable.

Any information would be appreciated.

CP