2000 A6 2.7T exhaust

phantomA6

Reaction score
Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and thought i would make my first post. i have had my A62.7T for about 5 months now and love it. Looking to some mods including a new exhaust system. Curious if anybody knew of any good exhaust systems that will perform well yet make a good sound (dont want to sound like a honda drving down the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif). Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

PS. Will have pics of my car very soon.

Here is one site that sells upgrades for the A-6.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/a6.htm

I have considered chipping mine and doing the exhaust. I would not worry about it sounding like a Honda. Your turbos will muffle the tone. My turbo RX-7 with a full 3" exhaust is so much quieter than a non-turbo RX-7 with an open exhaust. Its sound is deeper and throatier (SP?) due to the turbo.

The one thing I discovered fron researching mods is that the stock turbos do not hold up for too long. Hidden bonus? The upgraded turbos make the car even more interesting.

Good luck!!

Could I ask you for some information on Turbo upgrades?

I have two new Air research T04 turbos (along with five others of various sizes in various condition) and I know that inducer and exducer housings (if that's the correct name) are replacable.

Any information would be appreciated.

CP