1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Questions about Aero wiper blades and an Iphone 4 connection

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stevereid, Oct 14, 2010.

1. stevereid

stevereid Member

Hello Folks,
    It's been a while since my last post..I won't bore you with family issues tho :)
    I've just gotten an Iphone 4 through work and wondered what options there were to connect it to my Concert 2 Headunit ? I have a dash mounted CD changer that I don't want to lose..if possible..so to have both the Iphone 4 and CD changer "live" would be good.
    Other question..How do I tell if my wiper arms are Aero Arms ? They don't have the ususal "hook" arms to slide the wipers into..the wipers seem to slide and clip into the arms, with a push down release on the top of the arm..if that makes sense ?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Widemonkeys

Widemonkeys 1st Gear

A dension gateway is a good buy for the iPhone mate.

4. stevereid

stevereid Member

Thanks for the reply Widemonkeys..but as far as I can see..the Denison Gateway uses the CD changer in on the stereo head.. so I'd lose the use of the glovebox mounted changer..which I'd like to keep.

5. Widemonkeys

Widemonkeys 1st Gear

You can get an adapter to be able to have both

6. stevereid

stevereid Member

Yeah, just found them mate,..thanks..about £200 for a multi device gateway..its a bit more than I was hoping to pay :)

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

Ref the wipers, Aero wiper blades are one piece, just a rubber with a sprung plastic back.

Like this:

[​IMG]

8. stevereid

stevereid Member

James,
    My wiper arms look very similar to those..but with standard blades where your aero blades are..if mine were Aero compatible arms..would they have Aero blades in as standard ?

9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

I'm 99.9% certain they would yes - you must have non aero wipers.

You can either replace the blades as you've got, Bosch items for the dealer and selected retailers for £20-30 a set. Just remember that Audi wipers have a specific fitment not that widely available.

Or you can upgrade to Aero wipers, approx £80 for arms and blades - a worthwhile mod if you can justify it, both neater and more efficient.

10. MDA

MDA sploorer

i don't want to sound Bone idle
    but has anyone got a link for the multi device gateway?
    ebay or a recommended seller
    cheers matt

11. Xmay4444

Xmay4444 On Point!!

Re the iPhone, have you looked at the Parrot kits?
    You get to keep your cd changer and gain a bluetooth hands free kit and the ability to pay your tunes from you iPhone. I VV rarely use my cd changer now, as with around 1600 tracks on my iPhone, the cd changer doesnt even come close.

12. j033y

j033y Member

for the iphone use an xcarlink one. i use it its brilliant think it was £80 and lets me keep the cd changer. i just double click the cd changer button on the stereo to swap between cd changer and iphone.