2 litre fsi help

neil ratcliffe

coupe rebuild master
Reaction score
hi guys iam going to look at a 2 litre fsi 202 model, the seller says it some times lacks power. iam given to belive these are n/a engines. any idea what can cause this problem. they was told that its some thing to do with the fuel pessure sensor. being new to this scene. can anyone help with this please. any help is very much appricated.
many thanks neil

Could be many things, any advise without looking for fault codes would be pure conjecture.
Personally I wouldn't touch a 2.0 fsi, the 1.8T is a much better car.

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
thanks guys iam know looking at a normal 2 litre not an fsi, can i ask what is the problem with these fsi systems.

That's even worse than the fsi. A4 is quite heavy & the 2.0 N/A engine feels underpowered & sluggish to drive at best. All VAG 1.8T's are pretty bullet proof if serviced correctly & highly tuneable too, same goes for the 1.9TDI.

hi mate iam to old to be tuning the cars ive sold my nissan 300zx t/t that i was doing up, and sold my v6 hyundai coupe due to having to have an hip operation. so just need it to get me from a to b basically.

I'm no spring chicken either.
I wasn't recommending solely on performance. Most of all the 1.8t's & 1.9tdi's are more reliable than the 2.0. & probably a tad cheaper to run.
Not sure about the petrol 2.0, but the 2.0 TDI has known oil pump issues leading to catastrophic engine failure.

2.0 fsi suffer with cam chain failures. It's a small chain at the back of the engine and gets forgotten about then once cars hit about 70k onwards it throws its rattle out the pram, sometime earlier or latter.

Also all FSI lumps are direct injection and the the valves get gunk stuck on them to look like ice cream cones due to no fuel spraying on them like old school engines......leads to misfires then a head rebuild and carbon clean

hi paul iam not saying you are. i was just looking for advice. iam looking at a 2litre petrol, not a tdi. ive been looking at tdi but they have all got lots of miles on them. and as i work in a car breakers we have all sorts come in but no 2 litre model. as of yet . thanks mike for the info. as iam new to the audi scene iam just finding my way around these cars. iam sorry for so many questions.

Out of interest, when did the FSI engine come in? What's the difference between it and an "ordinary" 2.0 petrol?

hi friend. well iam know the proud owner of an a4 b6 chassis. time to start getting her back to stock and a general tidy up. thank you all for your help. very much appricated.