1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 issues, headgasket problem? and rounded bumper heads. Pic's inside.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JJ.Foulds, Feb 22, 2014.

1. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

So furthering my previous thread about my mayo in the cap, i bought a compression tester kit and tryed to attempt it today.
    Problem: i couldnt get the socket to the spark plug because it wasnt deep enough to go over it.

However, when taking off the coilpacks (i think) i found 1 with wet oil on the end (2nd from left), and 1 with what looks like dryed white stuff (far left).
    I did turn the car over for around 10 seconds while i reversed it.
    So might this be more certainty that it is a headgasket problem, and if so where should i buy a new kit from or should i just let the garage sort it out and purchase it?

ALSO, i tryed to remove my bumper to fit the new headlights, and ALL 3 of the torq bolts were totally stuck and i rounded off the heads. i did spray them with WD40 first also. so any ideas of how i can go about this?

thanks all

Fresh oil one on top and dryed white stuff bottom.
    [​IMG]
    below you can see the wet oil inside. none of the other ones had this oil on them, only this one.
    [​IMG]

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Oil spill sometimes happens when missing oil fill point.
    For rounded heads, try an 'easyout' tool.

4. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

But it didnt get oil in it for about a month now.
    Any idea on the white?

But il have a look for that tool