1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.8 Quattro Rear Springs

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by cjrob, Apr 1, 2010.

1. cjrob

cjrob Member

[Apr 1, 2010]
    After all the work I have done on the car the last couple of weeks (new brakes all round, new top control arms) I was a bit disappointed that the car failed its MOT due to the rear springs needing replaced.

I have the option of sourcing my own and replacing them myself or letting the garage do it, they are quoting me a “conservative” £250 for the work, is that about right as I am struggling to find what the springs cost separately (its a 2.8 Quattro Avant)

Any ideas?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 1, 2010]
    You could buy a complete set of springs for your avant for under £100 and get the lot fitted for less IMO

It's what i did when i found i had 2 broken springs.
  4. cjrob

cjrob Member

[Apr 1, 2010]
    where about, tried the usual (Eurocarparts / allgermanparts / CVS) but they dont seem to list the quattro springs, also is the job difficult, roughly a day to do the rear?
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 1, 2010]
    I got mine from ebay, via a respected seller. The whole car can have its springs changed in under 4 hrs allowing for problems, fag brakes, tea brakes etc