1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.8 Quattro Rear Springs

cjrob Apr 1, 2010

1. cjrob

cjrob Member

After all the work I have done on the car the last couple of weeks (new brakes all round, new top control arms) I was a bit disappointed that the car failed its MOT due to the rear springs needing replaced.

I have the option of sourcing my own and replacing them myself or letting the garage do it, they are quoting me a “conservative” £250 for the work, is that about right as I am struggling to find what the springs cost separately (its a 2.8 Quattro Avant)

Any ideas?

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

You could buy a complete set of springs for your avant for under £100 and get the lot fitted for less IMO

It's what i did when i found i had 2 broken springs.

3. cjrob

cjrob Member

where about, tried the usual (Eurocarparts / allgermanparts / CVS) but they dont seem to list the quattro springs, also is the job difficult, roughly a day to do the rear?

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I got mine from ebay, via a respected seller. The whole car can have its springs changed in under 4 hrs allowing for problems, fag brakes, tea brakes etc