1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.8 q engine parts for rebuild

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by norfolkaudi, May 4, 2010.

1. norfolkaudi

norfolkaudi Member

hi all can anyone help me find a shop or dealer that has prices & parts list for engine parts as i want to rebuild my 2.8 motor over the summer.
  2. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Maybe try GSF or Euro Car Parts, not sure if they do all engine internals thou?
  3. norfolkaudi

norfolkaudi Member

thanks foxmeister but they dont do internals but i have found this site in the usa http://www.importperformanceparts.net/ but i think the engine internals are the same here in the uk & usa,if peeps know otherwise please tell us.
  4. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

Stoke Audi (site sponsors) are usually very helpful and offer decent discounts to forum members. Give Dave a call.
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

I think you need to decide (or if you have already, then tell us) what your trying to achieve from the rebuild?

I wouldnt waste my money on performance parts for a 2.8, its far too easy to simply drop in a forced induction motor or a v8, and i'd bet you could buy an S4 engine or a V8 and install it for less than it would cost you to freshen up your 2.8.