1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.8 Fuel consumption.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dufster, Jul 7, 2007.

1. dufster

dufster New Member

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but still...

I have been looking at buying a 2.0 Cabriolet (1996-9), but have seen a 2.8 Cabriolet (98) which I quite like.

I do 'some' field work which is why I was looking at a fairly low litreage (is that a word?).

Can someone tell me what kind of mpg increase there is likely to be from a 2.8 over a 2.0?

The 1998 2.8 has around 70,000 miles and has been well maintained. The owner has told me he 'thinks' it might get anywhere from 20-25 mpg doing 'normal' driving, but he really isn't sure.

Can anyone here advise what I might expect?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. dans3.0

dans3.0 Member

Hi,
    On my old 2.8 Cab with manual box I used to get around 270 miles to a full tank mainly short journeys to and from work & around town etc, more on a run though.
    The fuel gauge is not the most accurate of gauges though with quite a lot of issues with them mainly rectified by taking out the dash and changing/tightening the voltage regulator or resoldering the joints or tightening the connections.

Hope this helps

Danny

4. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

I had an A6 2.8q for 4 years

I averaged about 23-25 around town and 30-32 on a LONG run

hope that helps

Simon

5. dufster

dufster New Member

Cheers guys.

Any idea how that compares to a 2ltr?

6. kninio

kninio Member

i have an a4 2.8 12 valve same engine as the one in the cabrio 98 , it does 13.5/100km , in high traffic city drives with A/C on , and in high way like 8.5/9 liter depend on the speed i drive.

i had a B4 2.0 it was does in high way like 8/9 liter with aircondition high way drives , and in the city i can tell u it was does with 20 liter in high traffic roads slow motion like 170 km or 180 maximum.

cheers

7. dufster

dufster New Member

Cheers mate, but can you just confirm those figures for me, as I'm not sure what they relate to.

What is the '13.5/100km', is it 13.5ltrs to do 100km (that's very high)?
    And what is the 8.5/9 relating to?

Cheers.