2.8 coupe Quattro

Kraphty Baztard

Raw Power
Reaction score
Hello people just signed up and was wondering if anyone knows anywhere to get clear look headlights for my car as i've seen them but had no luck finding any so far. also my car has failed an emissions test but has had an aftermarket cat back exhaust fitted at some point i know both manifolds are blowing for reasons unknown yet as i havn't had time to strip them but could this cause it to fail a test or would the cat be broken, also does anyone know how many oxygen sensors are on this model after the cat i can see two at the front end but only one pipe comes out of the cat and i havn't been able to get under it. any help would be appreciated. it is the AAH engine
Cheers

owned a 2.8cq for three years. still the best audi i had. hark. however.

Lights:
they are rubbish anyway, i would suggest upgrading the the S2 ellipsoid and going for HID's or similar so you can at least see. that will give you better options but they generally aren't cheap.

the 2.8cq have 2 factory CATs and they are expensive. If these are ******** your performance will be lagging, considering going for a single sports CAT . Heard mixed reports on decatting from other 2.8 owners. i never opted for it. I would get the exhaust closed up before you start looking at sensors. Got anyone that can read the fault codes for you?

www.12v.org, good handy resource for the ABC and AAH.
IMHO the most overengined Audi lump to date, and i am including the5 pot in there too.

Cheers i've found a set of the S2 ellipsoid lights you mentioned, those look like a worthwhile purchase.
i have had a look at the site you mentioned it seems to have quite a lot of the information i need. i think i will get the manifolds stripped first, are these likely to crack and how much will i be looking at for new ones. i have recently bought the coupe and love it but it needs some tlc, can the black plastic along the bottom of the doors be replaced easily as they have started to lift?
cheers for your help