2.8 Chip

b0d0m

Reaction score
I was looking at chips for a 1999 2.8Q. Is it worth it? What would the difference be? Any ideas on what the best ones would be?

Also, what would you recomend for some mods on a 2.8Q besides a supercharger. Thanks.

I was looking at a remap for mine, but the benefit on a non turbo engine is minimal 15-20bhp. There seems to be very little they can do on this engine, apart from free flow air filter & exhaust, but you won't get a huge performance increase. If you need more power, upgrade to an S4.

I recently purchased my A4 2.8 and right away i began to search for upgrades for it. There are no intake kits for it; only filter kits; but you can purchase a full cat-back exhaust. But if you get a chip you have to take out your ECU and ship it to whoever you bought the chip from. they will re-program it and send it back to you. this whole process takes about three weeks and you can't drive you car the whole time.(due to no ECU) In my opinion it is not worth the effort for just 10-15 hp. If you are looking for higher hp i would go for the S4 but they can be quite more pricey. but at the most, 220 is the most hp you will recieve from the 2.8 engine.

In the UK you could take your car to somewhere like AmD, who would be able to chip-while-you-wait (sort of), thus removing the 3 week delay of not being able to drive the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's simple although not cheap....SUPERCHARGER....I'm certain somone out there does a kitand should see a minmal increase of 30-40 hp and quite often a lot more.

Yep there is a supercharger kit for the 2.8 and there is a distributor in the UK for the PES G2 supercharger.

Power output is pushed up to 295bhp but the downside is the cost £3350.00+VAT fitting is £350.00+VAT.

I'm looking at do the conversion later this year, but I may ship mine in or buy it when I'm on holiday in the US.

http://www.nsracing.com/