1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.7T oil driven cambelt damper

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by d-9, Feb 26, 2014.

1. d-9

d-9 New Member

My A6 is currently in for its cambelt, and I've had a call from the service manager telling me that they also need to replace the 'oil driven cambelt damper', which is apparently part of the oil pump, for only £120+vat. Has anyone who's done a cambelt on a v6 seen such a thing? I cant see it on the parts diagram!
  2. d-9

d-9 New Member

So as an update I went to see the audi service desk today (after they'd promised to call me back at 9.30 and didnt), it turns out they were talking about the cambelt tensioner damper, which isnt part of the normal cambelt service price - seems pretty shocking as its cricual for cambelt tension.

Apart from not calling back I'm really impressed with the service from Parklands Audi in Cheltenham, they had got on and sorted the car, gave me a really good rate on the parts and labour, and the whole bill was only slightly terrifying.
  3. All-rod

All-rod New Member

Glad to hear you car sorted now. It is not unusual for older cars needing tensioner or two replaced when changing belts. Good thing if they check all thoroughly and spot when one its on its last legs rather than it failing later while driving. On my Tdi ac belt tensioner failed less than 5k miles after cambelt change, good thing it did not do any damage.
  4. d-9

d-9 New Member

Agree it's sensible to replace, I'm shocked that Audi wouldn't replace it as part of the cambelt service normally.